Landlord Home Insurance Ireland | theAA
Skip Navigation
Landlord Insurance Ireland

Landlord Insurance from AA Ireland

AA Home Insurance Summer Sale

What is Landlord Insurance?

Do I need special Landlord Insurance?

There are more risks associated with letting a property than just living in one. Do not under estimate the importance of having the right insurance for your investment. Some landlords make the mistake of relying on normal household insurance cover which is not adequate. An investment property requires specific “buy-to-let” insurance that covers a landlord from financial losses connected with their rental properties.

What does it cover?

AA Landlord Insurance includes cover for the following;

  • Cover for third party claims (up to €3,000,000)
  • Rehousing tenants or paying for lost rent after an event like a flood or fire (15% of your buildings sums insured) 
  • Fire brigade charges (up to €2,500)
  • Door lock replacement  (up to €500)
  • Contents in the outbuildings up to €1,000
  • Contents in the garden (up to €500)
  • Trace & Access up to €750
  • Escape of water is covered, excess is €1,000

What type of properties do we quote for?

We are able to quote for private  homes and purpose built apartments which are owned by you that are let to families, couples and professionals.

Will my cover continue if the tenants move out?

AA Landlord Insurance is designed to give you with the highest level of protection; our policies provide full cover for a period of up to 45 consecutive days while the property is unoccupied, subject to you taking certain precautions. Please speak to one of our agents on 0818 227 228 for more details.

What about apartments?

The building insurance should be covered by the management company in an apartment. You should always check with the management company to make sure that they have arranged this – ask them for a copy of the policy. It is vital to take out a separate policy to cover third party liability, loss of rent and contents cover.

If I’m letting a furnished property, can I get contents cover?

Yes, the cover would apply to your  contents only. Your tenants would need to arrange a separate “renters insurance” policy for them to ensure adequate cover is in place. We offer home contents cover which comes with great benefits like;

  • Food in your freezer (up to €1,250)
  • Door lock replacement (up to €750)
  • The contents of your shed or garage (up to €1,000)

Get a quote for contents insurance here

Is immediate cover available?

Yes, you can get immediate cover online here or it can be arranged over the phone, call us on 0818 227 228.

Landlord Insurance comes with benefits such as cover for garden and shed contents as well as;

  • Owners Liability to the public (up to €3,000,000)
  • Rent & alternative accommodation (up to 15% of the sums insured)
  • Fire brigade charges (up to €3,000)
  • Door lock replacement (up to €1,000)

Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.

Talk to our agents to buy or renew your Landlord Insurance

telephone Icon
Call AA Landlord Insurance on 0818 227 228.
Agents are available to take your call from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 3pm Saturday.

AA Ireland Limited trading as AA Insurance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

AA Insurance is tied to Inter Partner Assistance for the purpose of selling Home Membership. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.